- Choose a type that suits the purpose. Like a nice Handwritten font for Bespoke branding.
- Make sure the type is legible. You might love it but can others read it?
- Mix and match with a type that compliments each other. Stick to 2-3 fonts total.
- Use type from the same family. Like Helvetica bold, regular and italic.
- Use colour contrast.
- Squash or stretch a font. Every time you do that a designer dies…well not really but they’ll cry.
- Don’t make typography fight for it’s right to be read…Establish a visual hierarchy.
- Use more than 4 fonts per design – keep it simple.
- Fill up every area with type. White space is important.
I’m a little bit sweary…well a lot actually. I know it’s not ladylike and frankly, I don’t give a shit. I never beat around the bush (Aussie for cutting the crap). I’m a strong believer in telling it how it is. I promise to supply ballsy branding and killer digital design that kicks ass. I will be upfront, realistic, and focused. I do have OCD so you know I pay attention to details. I will always offer the best advice and course of action to suit your projects needs.
I’m a passionate, dedicated designer and I promise to Eat, sleep, design, repeat until your project is finished.